Friday 11 March 2011

Colour trending and old wives tales

Remember the one about "blue and green should never be seen without yellow in between."
Well we are big fans of that particular colour trio so it is with a small whoop that I read in this months interiors style bible -Elle Decor- that they are the colours that "most keenly represent the mood of the moment". OH my goodness says I. And why is that? Well apparently "blue exudes calm and peace, yellow liveliness and energy and green optimism and excitement that growth is possible".

Crikey I hadn't reckoned on the science behind it. I've just been admiring the bluetits in the garden (and sadly the kitchen floor thanks to horrid killer cat -Ja Ja Binx).

Photo courtesy Ron's Wildlife Photogrpahy Blog


T'was enough to make me dive into the barkcloth stash and pull out a fine blue/green combo fabric scrap big enough for a handful of barkcloth button brooches.


Remember the old nursery rhyme?

"What are little boys made of?
Frogs and snails
And puppy-dogs' tails,
That's what little boys are made of.

What are little girls made of?
Sugar and spice
And everything nice,
That's what little girls are made of."


Well it doesn't get much "nicer" than this puppy dogs tail and my boy's mighty fine too!

And yes observant readers will spot that is a highback Ercol chair and the exciting bit is my mate plans to paint it ( colour tbc) and recover in some Folly&Glee barkcloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails