Friday 17 June 2011

Inspiration from the Baroness

I have a new lamp shade in our living room.
Do you like it?


I found a pair of curtains at a village jumble sale some time ago. They weren't barkcloth but a heavy linen and so I had no business looking at them. But the selvedge was in French and the colours...oh. I was in love.
They have sat in the non barkcloth pile of my cupboard for some time until one day I read an article about Lisa Bengsston.

Oh my. What a clever cloggs that lady is. I love all of her fabric designs but Baronessa is just great.
I like it in blue....
1. Lisa Bengtsson  2. as before 3. Living Etc December 2010 4. as before
I LOVE it in pink....

Lisa Bengtsson
But in chartreuse and chocolate.........I could eat it. All day.
 Well..maybe not eat it but you know what I mean..cover everything in it..cushions, chairs, the sofa.


Lisa Bengtsson

And actually that's not really so hard to do...recover the sofa I mean. Thanks to those brilliant folk at Bemz you can buy new slip covers in Lisa's Baronessa Design for several IKEA sofa's. Bemz have a nice blog and there are reports of covered beds and bed skirts next so don't be suprised to find me drooling badly in a future post.


 But for now I am happy to just enjoy my new lampshade. They are similar right?


PS: If you love this original vintage Baronessa looky likey too there's enough for one more large retro drum lampshade in the shop now.



2 comments:

  1. Oh that is so very pretty! Our lamp situation is a little disappointing as we have a distinct lack of power sockety things. But one day we will move to a house that has adequate electricity outlets and the living room will be swamped with beautiful lamps like this, yes! Hx
    www.helenlimbrick.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails