Thursday 17 November 2011

Barkcloth Bauble Ornaments?

Just quickly checking in with six newly arrived vintage cotton barkcloths. They are all corkers so don't ask if I have a favourite. There is only one panel of each so just one or two large shades I'm afraid of each. Give me a shout at hello@follyandglee.co.uk if you need further images or lampshade sizes/shape options. 
Blurosa and Sissy Vintage Barkcloths
 I am winning a battle with myself  (just) not to go and start draping them around the house and convincing myself that I need them. 
Symli and Umerosa Vintage barkcloths

My consolation prize ..... well I might just make myself some christmas baubles from the scraps. 
Lilianda and Glynde
 I'd love to hear from anyone with an inspired idea for using up the barkcloth scraps for christmas ornaments.
For starters I'm going to retry an old favourite - the fabric scrap balls on the Lisa's wonderful  redthread blog.
the redthreadblog tutorial for fabric scrap ball ornaments
 The Red Thread is one of my absolute favourite blogs and going back to check the tutorial was still there was the perfect opportunity to also visit Lisa's shop and choose my nieces Christmas presents -
Freddie Sweetie Petite Kit

Birdie Brooch
 Go see - you'll love it.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, Polly... I just saw 'barkcloth baubles' and hopped over here lickety split! You must make a few of them even if it's just to keep some of these fabby new fabrics for yourself... I can't wait to see what you come up with!
    Yet another lovely project to add to my festive to do list once things settle down... :)
    Emma, x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails