Tuesday 26 March 2013

Bang up to date

Sometimes you find a vintage fabric that's what 30 or 40 years old or more and something about the colour or pattern just makes you think you saw it yesterday heralded as the latest trend. 
That's how I felt about this barkcloth called Kanye.
2. Cloud 9 fabric called On Point - Peachy from the Simpatico collection designed by 
Michelle Engel Bencsko.
3. Kanye x-large retro drum from FollyandGlee
 There were a couple of items that I kept seeing on the design blogs and Pinterest pages that I loved. They both combined a fabulous geometric pattern with those gorgeous desert inspired celementine/smokey grey/coral colours. And then came along a barkcloth find and it was love at first sight.


Why an earth have you called it Kanye? Well ....silly story but when I look at it I see diamonds. And when I think of diamonds I think of a rather amazing Kanye West concert and holding our hands up in the diamond shape swaying to his  splendidly over the top performance. Yes I know hard to believe I know but once upon a time I frequented such events and yes OK we probably were one of the oldest there but hey!


Room for a little Kanye in your home but a different size or shape - come say hello@follyandglee.co.uk.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails